Monday 3 November 2014

Monochromatic Makeup Look


For my monochromatic look I chose to work with the colour red. This look was heavily inspired by the makeup of Japan's geisha's - I often find inspiration from different cultures within Eastern Asia as I love their dramatic performance makeup and I think the colour schemes are beautiful.
Red is a very powerful colour and sometimes it is thought to be too overpowering, as a small amount of it can completely dominate an entire makeup look. However, I wanted to use the colour excessively on all of the key facial features. Because of how bold a colour red is I didn't want to use it to create a toned down look, and I tried to refrain from using the pink shades. I mainly wanted to portray the colour at full volume.

Products Used:

  • MAC Matte Lipstick in Viva Glam 2
  • MAC Nightmoth Lipliner
  • MAC Red Lipmix
  • MAC Black Lipmix
  • Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Libido
  • Fraulein Concealer Palette
  • Sugarpill Love+ Eyeshadow

No comments:

Post a Comment