Monday 3 November 2014

Achromatic Makeup Look


For my achromatic face chart I decided to create a very sculpted, angular, geometric-inspired look. I wanted to experiment with the ideas of contrasting shades and symmetry, so I chose to have a white eyebrow to provide stark contrast to the dark eye and lip makeup. As well as being achromatic, I wanted this look to focus on the use of shapes, and I chose more angular shapes because I think they work well to create a sharp, striking look. However, I also contrasted the hard edges with more curved shapes around the inner corner of the eye. I added the white dots (using Illamasqua Precision Ink in Scribe) to contrast the black eyeshadow.
Geometric eyeliner has been a recurring trend in the world of fashion and makeup for a long time now, and I thought that it would work really well with an achromatic look due to the impact made by dark, sharp edges. If I re-did this look I would definitely like to try the eyeliner in white, or maybe have one eye with black liner and one with white. I really enjoyed creating this look and would absolutely love to put it into practice at some point.

Products Used:
  • MAC Full Coverage Foundation in W10
  • Fraulein Concealer Palette
  • MAC Black Lip Mix
  • Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Obsidian
  • MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack
  • Illamasqua Precision Ink in Scribe

No comments:

Post a Comment