Tuesday 4 November 2014

Analogous Makeup Look


For my analogous look I decided to use purples and blues, as I haven't really experimented with them much so far on this course, but I absolutely love the way they look together. When designing this look I was very inspired by outer space and I wanted to create something quite alien-esque, as I feel an affinity towards anything that looks like it came from another planet. I am often inspired by the solar system, and colours like blue and purple always remind me of meteorites and nebulae. The astral sphere on the forehead was inspired by David Bowie's iconic Ziggy Stardust makeup (by Pierre Laroche) but I also wanted to make it look somewhat lunar.
When applying my design I felt that the blue was far more dominant than the purple, so I decided to add in some purple contouring around the collarbone area in order to make the look more analogous. I think this worked well and I was happy with the result seeing as it wasn't planned. I also decided to not have any eyebrows because I think this gives the look more of an alien vibe. I also tried to stick to quite rounded, circular shapes to coincide with the astral sphere and general planetary theme. Overall I really enjoyed creating this look and I am pleased with the final result.


Products Used:

  • MAC Full Coverage Foundation in W10
  • MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NW15
  • Illamasqua Translucent Loose Powder
  • Illamasqua Sculpting Duo in Lumos and Heliopolis
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Gonzo, Urban and Chaos (Electric Palette)
  • Sugarpill Eyeshadows in Poison Plum, Velocity, 2am, Mochi and Afterparty
  • Kryolan Eyeshadow in Sage Blossom
  • Lime Crime Lipstick in No She Didn't
  • Illamasqua Lipstick in Apocalips

No comments:

Post a Comment