Monday 20 October 2014

London Trip

Recently we went on a course trip to London to visit the National Portrait Gallery and also to visit some of the makeup shops in the West End. This was such a fun trip and I had a really lovely time!


When we arrived in London we went straight to the National Portrait Gallery to visit The Real Tudors exhibition. Although I had already chosen my Elizabethan portrait it was still really great to see some of the original portraiture from the era. The work was absolutely mesmerizing and the artists of that time were highly skilled. I couldn't believe how hyper-realistic some of the work was, and it was amazing to be able to get so close to it, as you could barely even see the brush strokes. It was also interesting to see a collection of portraits of Henry VIII as none of them looked like the same person, and it still makes us wonder what he actually looked like, and which portrait was the most accurate.


After we finished looking around the National Portrait Gallery we headed into Covent Garden to go to the MAC Pro store where we received a 35% discount. There were so many useful products in the store and it was difficult to choose just a few! In the end I bought MAC's Full Coverage Foundation in shades W10 and NW45 for my kit, as we don't have an extremely light or dark foundation in our kit and I thought buying the lightest shade and one of the darkest would be practical for mixing.


We also went to the Illamasqua store on Beak Street where we received a 25% discount. I decided to get Skin Base Foundation in the darkest shade, as it was a lot darker than MAC's NW45 and I can now mix any base colour with the products in my kit. I purposely picked foundations that I thought would be good for using when working with cameras and that would mix well with the Kryolan foundation palette we already have.


The London trip was a really productive day, and it was lovely to be back in my city. I really enjoyed the trip and look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment